Sugar Land, TX
Offering classes and activities in the liberal arts tradition, Bluebonnet Home Scholars Collaborative is a Group Class Community that exists to enrich the lives of Christian homeschool families in the joint pursuit of wonder, knowledge, and love.
BHSC curriculum and instruction is developed on the basis of both classical tradition and contemporary research. The Bluebonnet approach is heavily influenced by Christian educators and thinkers such as Charlotte Mason, C. S. Lewis, Dorothy Sayers, and Jacques Maritain.
Courses are offered a-la-carte and include subjects for Kindergarten through High School. Courses include Nature Journaling, Forest School, Artist and Composer studies, Spanish for all ages, Plutarch and Shakespeare, Great Books style Literature, Latin, Handicrafts, Studio Art, as well as rigorous core classes in Math, Science, and Language Arts.
We meet in Tyler TX and surrounding area, every week.
We alternate between classes and nature study
We have a wide variety of classes and our goal is to meet parents where they need help the most. We train parents so that they will feel confident teaching classes.
Our Goals and Future Goals
1. Co-op that meets every other week for classes
2. Nature Study on the off weeks
3. Monthly Charlotte Mason book discussion group
4. A Night of Recitation (name is tbd) which will be held during various times of theyear which will focus on wisdom from scripture, poetry, songs, soliloquy’s, folk dancing and excerpts from literature. Some themes could be Christmastide, For Love of Country, Poems and Songs of History, Comedy, Summer. This event will be opened to other local homeschoolers.
5. An annual craft fair with items made by students that are of high quality and craftsmanship.
An Edifying Education – Charlotte Mason Morning Enrichment Zoom Classes MID (10-13) and HIGH (14 & up)
Three 12-week terms with maximum class size of 12
One two-hour class per week for HIGH; two one-hour classes per week for MID
Focusing on youth and character for such a time as this.
Term 1 begins: August
Includes: Selective, God-honoring, age appropriate literature, character,
hymns, folksongs, artist study, poetry, Shakespeare and Plutarch
$12 per week for one student, $10 per week for siblings
(scholarships available on a case by case basis)
PLEASE check SPAM to see my reply to request