San Antonio, TX
The purpose of the Charlotte Masonry park days is to build a welcoming community that serves San Antonio Area Charlotte Mason families. This is for families striving to provide a Charlotte Mason inspired education for their children. To best serve our diverse local Charlotte Mason community, the subjects offered are intentionally neutral with regards to faith. This is for families with children age 6-12 (Form I and Form II). Older children still learning or comfortable doing Form II work are welcome. Younger siblings are welcome at the park while older siblings are in lessons. The classes we will cover: Swedish Drill; Folk Song; Artist Study, Composer Study; Poetry; Folk Dance; Nature Walk, and optional Shakespeare
The group meets Wednesday mornings at parks around the city.
We meet in Tyler TX and surrounding area, every week.
We alternate between classes and nature study
We have a wide variety of classes and our goal is to meet parents where they need help the most. We train parents so that they will feel confident teaching classes.
Our Goals and Future Goals
1. Co-op that meets every other week for classes
2. Nature Study on the off weeks
3. Monthly Charlotte Mason book discussion group
4. A Night of Recitation (name is tbd) which will be held during various times of theyear which will focus on wisdom from scripture, poetry, songs, soliloquy’s, folk dancing and excerpts from literature. Some themes could be Christmastide, For Love of Country, Poems and Songs of History, Comedy, Summer. This event will be opened to other local homeschoolers.
5. An annual craft fair with items made by students that are of high quality and craftsmanship.