Charlotte Mason Redding is a local community organized to equip, encourage and support those who are actively pursuing or desirous of learning to implement Charlotte Mason’s philosophy in their homes. We offer parental training, group gatherings & special events, group classes, a living library and mother culture opportunities.
We meet in Tyler TX and surrounding area, every week.
We alternate between classes and nature study
We have a wide variety of classes and our goal is to meet parents where they need help the most. We train parents so that they will feel confident teaching classes.
Our Goals and Future Goals
1. Co-op that meets every other week for classes
2. Nature Study on the off weeks
3. Monthly Charlotte Mason book discussion group
4. A Night of Recitation (name is tbd) which will be held during various times of theyear which will focus on wisdom from scripture, poetry, songs, soliloquy’s, folk dancing and excerpts from literature. Some themes could be Christmastide, For Love of Country, Poems and Songs of History, Comedy, Summer. This event will be opened to other local homeschoolers.
5. An annual craft fair with items made by students that are of high quality and craftsmanship.
Gathering interest in future events. My children and I would like to gather with a local community of Christian Charlotte Mason-style parents and students in NE Ohio to do nature walks, discuss books and eventually participate in folk dancing and other creative and pleasant activities, as we explore Truth, Beauty, and Goodness together.