community

Conroe, TX

The Woodlands/Conroe Charlotte Mason Mothers

We are a new group that meets monthly to study CM’s volumes. But we are open to growing where God would have us bloom whether through nature study hikes, recitation gatherings, and more. We welcome both new and seasoned mothers who long to create community in our area with both our children and ourselves.

Murfreesboro, TN

The Children’s Gathering

The Children's Gathering is our Short Morning of Lessons for Charlotte Mason Families.

We gather together every Friday morning for Hymn Singing, Old and New Testament Bible Recitations, a Psalm Recitation, and a Poetry Recitation. We also have a lesson in Physical Geography using Charlotte Mason's "Elementary Geography" along with Geography Walks. We are learning and practicing Swedish Drill together each week too.
We are reading and listening to Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" and "As You Like It". We are also studying Church History using "Trial and Triumph" by Richard Hannula. We end our morning of lessons together with a Folk Song.

If you are looking for other Charlotte Mason Families to learn and grow with, please let us know. We would love to have you join us! ❤️

“One more thing is of vital importance; children must have books, living books; the best are not too good for them; anything less than the best is not good enough....”

"Give children a wide range of subjects, with the end in view of establishing in each case some one or more of the relations I have indicated. Let them learn from first-hand sources of information--really good books, the best going, on the subject they are engaged upon. Let them get at the books themselves...books teeming with ideas fresh from the minds of thinkers upon every subject to which we can wish to introduce children. ”

~Charlotte Mason

Holly Springs, NC

Charlotte Mason Study Group SW Raleigh, NC

Welcome fellow CM home educators! We are a group dedicated to cultivating the atmosphere, discipline, and life conducive to a classical Charlotte Mason education in our homes. We will meet once per month in the Southwest Raleigh (Holly Springs, Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, and surrounding) area to discuss a book related to forging ahead with this lifestyle. We plan to read all of Charlotte Mason's volumes, as well as works by other authors, such as Karen Glass, Laurie Bestvater, Cindy Rollins, and Karen Andreola. It is our goal to provide a place of fellowship, comfort, and camaraderie for our fellow homeschooling moms. Pull up a chair, and let's get reading!

Wilmore, KY

2024 Charlotte Mason Institute Gathering

Join us at our 2024 annual gathering from July 25-27, 2024, in Wilmore, Kentucky! This conference will be a time of exploration and growth as we unpack Charlotte Mason’s ideas on handwork, life skills, and the joy of making. We’ll study the impact of creative work and discuss how artistry connects to many areas of the feast, sometimes in surprising ways. Our sessions will honor the old and embrace the new, and of course, we’ll live out what we teach as makers of beautiful and useful things! We hope to see you there! For those who are unable to join us in person, there will be a virtual option - more details coming soon!

Charleston, WV

Starting a Group in Charleston, WV

My family recently moved to Charleston, WV and as far as I can tell there isn’t a local CM group. I’d like to start a gathering for children and their families.

I envision beginning with a fortnightly nature study/walk to let our children delight in the wonder and beauty of creation. I’d also like to offer a monthly meet up for mums to read through Charlotte’s volumes or other related material.

If you are interested in joining, please sing out!

Charleston, WV

Hoping to Start a Group in Charleston, WV

My family has recently moved to Charleston, WV and as far as I can tell there are no CM groups nearby, so I would like to start one!

I envision this group beginning with a fortnightly (every other week) nature study/walk for our children to delight in the wonder of creation and enjoy one another’s company. I would also like to offer a monthly meet up for mums to read and discuss Charlotte’s volumes or other related content. I would be happy to discuss expanding from that starting point!

If you are interested, please sing out!

Greenville, TX

Charlotte Mason Book Club

Our group begins reading through one of Mason’s volumes each summer. Parents and children meet at my home in Greenville Texas, bi-weekly. Children play outdoors while parents (and babies) stay inside to discuss the chapters.

During the school year, we transition to a parents-only monthly meeting, in the evenings, to finish the volume.

Readings are split up and assigned at the beginning of the summer. Feel free to jump in any time.

Cedar City, UT

Illuminations Outdoor Learning Center – K-2

​Illuminations K-2 is a small home-based, outdoor enrichment program that opened its doors in 2023. We are here to support homeschooling families in the Cedar City, UT (southern Utah) community. We combine open-ended play with Charlotte Mason homeschool curriculum in an outdoor environment. We operate primarily in our outdoor classroom, rain, snow, or shine! Currently, our group meets 2 days a week for 3 hours each day.

Maryville, TN

Maryville CM Group

We are a new CM group in Maryville, TN. We are looking to start a CM book reading meeting, playdates, and possibly a co-op. We would love for others who are interested in CM education or who are already involved in CM living to join us as we get to know each other and grow a community of like minded families.

El Dorado, AR

Charlotte Mason group of El Dorado, AR

We meet once a month for a mother's reading group, once a month for a TBG Group and I set up regular nature study outings. I also run a living books library.