Charlotte Mason Meetup
We are a community of Charlotte Mason followers located in eastern Pennsylvania between Carbon County and the Lehigh Valley. The Charlotte Mason philosophy of education is one in which the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Therefore, while we do see value in other methods of education, it is the sole intention of this group to learn about and adhere to the philosophy of Charlotte Mason. In this way, we will gain a deeper understanding of each part of her method (each part being inherently valuable in its own right) so that our families may fully benefit from the whole feast of her method.
Membership to this group is limited to those who follow the Charlotte Mason Philosophy as their only homeschool philosophy and regularly attend our meetings. It is also a requirement to read and participate in the book discussions we have twice a month(for the mothers) If you have a friend who is interested in joining our group, bring them! We are all about building a community of Charlotte Mason homeschoolers!
The goal of this group is to study and implement the Charlotte Mason method of education by:
1. Meeting the specific needs of people who are just beginning to learn about Charlotte Mason.
2. Reading through the Charlotte Mason’s original volumes and other supporting educational material.
3. Dedicating time to cultivating our personal “mother culture.”
4. Helping each other with the practical aspects of exactly how to teach lessons, what materials to use and how to schedule our days.
5. Creating an environment for our children in which they can partake of the feast with other children by going on Nature Walks, doing Object Lessons, Nature Journaling, working on Handicrafts, and other topics as the group sees fit.
6. Discerning which educational tools and curricula available in today’s market adhere to the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education and to be able to clearly elucidate for members which tools and curricula do not follow CM’s methods and how they deviate from her teachings.
7. Creating a pleasant, welcoming community that embraces each day as a treasure given to us by God
When you request information from this site and do not receive a response, please check your spam mail .